The US Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has a page about the history of Veterans Day in the United States. The armistice to end the fighting of World War I went into effect at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918. As a result, we celebrate the veterans of our armed services each year on November 11th. At this time, Buffalo Tungsten would like to wish a happy Veterans Day to all who have served.
Unfortuantely, World War I was not the “war to end all wars,” as many had hoped at the time. There have been many wars fought since then. As a result, it has been important to maintain our military to preserve our freedoms. Those who serve not only protect our nation, they also receive training that benefits their future career prospects.
At Buffalo Tungsten we encourage veterans to apply for job openings. We find that the skills they gain in military service help our company.
Reasons to Hire Veterans
The VA points out several reasons to hire veterans. The following ideas are from the VA:
- Working well in a team. Teamwork is an essential part of daily life and is the foundation of safe military operations.
- Having a sense of duty. Responsibility for job performance and accountability for completing missions are something to take pride in.
- Experiencing self-confidence. Holding a realistic estimation of self and ability based on experiences.
- Organization and discipline.
- Possessing a strong work ethic. In the military, the mission always comes first.
- Having the ability to follow through on assignments, even under difficult or stressful circumstances.
- Possessing a variety of cross-functional skills, such as extensive training on computer programs and systems, interacting with various people with different skills to accomplish a task, and coordinating and troubleshooting problems in novel and known conditions.
- Solving problems quickly and creatively.
- Adapting to changing situations.
- Able to follow rules and schedules.
On this Veterans Day Buffalo Tungsten is grateful to those who have served and currently serve in the armed forces of the United States. Without their service our company would not be able to operate ias we have for the past 34 years. We recognize and value the contribution of the US military on our ability to produce tungsten powder in a nation that is free. Our political and economic stability is a result of their dedication and service. We offer our thanks and well wishes for a happy Veterans Day to those who have earned that title of respect.